The Queens of Distraction
Online Group Coaching for Women with ADHD, led by psychotherapist, author, and ADHD expert, Terry Matlen, LMSW, ACSW
Click any button below to join today!
"I know exactly what I need to do, but I just can’t get myself to do it"
Sound like you?
"If I'm so smart, why do I feel so dumb?
"Why do the simplest things seem so hard for me?"
"Why can't I get my act together?"
Have you ever felt this way? If so, you aren't alone. The Queens of Distraction offers you a safe haven, a safe place, where you will learn tips, strategies and find comfort in (finally) being understood.
Are you embarrassed to have people over because of the clutter?
- Are you tired of paying penalty fees because your bills are always late?
- Are you embarrassed when your child’s school papers never make it back with your signature?
- Did you turn down a last-minute invitation because you have no clean clothes to wear?
- Do you get criticized for being oversensitive because you get overwhelmed easily by noise, commotion, itchy clothes, perfume and even emotions?
- Do you have piles, piles everywhere?
- Have you felt out of step and misunderstood your whole life and just never knew why?
If you are sick and tired of the piles, the fire drills, the cereal for dinner, the old food in the car, the late notes, the missed opportunities, we will help you get your get your act together so you can get things done, connect with others who “get it” and learn new skills so that you be in charge of your ADHD. Terry and your Fellow Queens will help you rise above the mess, the frustration and the roadblocks.
Join this exclusive, private group where you will have access to Terry’s support while connecting with other women with ADHD- all in a secret, private room on Facebook, using text based communication, just like you do on your own Facebook page. Note: only members have access to this secret group, to ensure your privacy.
- Monday: Monday Madness To-Do List Assignment - One clear, short, do-able task to start your Monday off on a productive foot. No decisions, no waffling: just get the assignment, get it done and have a confident Monday. Your fellow Queens will be there to cheer you on and share a celebratory 5 minutes with our royal feet up.
- Wednesday: Procrastinator’s Workshop - One hour a week to focus on a nagging task that's been hanging over your head. You pick what's bugging you most or let Terry guide you so you don't get stuck on a wheel-spinning session of indecision. It's always more fun to work together, so join your fellow Queens and celebrate your accomplishments! We meet from 12 noon - 1pm EST.
- Thursdays with Terry- Spend an hour with Queen Bee Terry and your fellow Queens online, chatting about all things ADD. There will be a new topic every week. Get help when you need it, or benefit yourself and others by offering help. Unplug from the world that doesn't get it or get you, and connect with a group of women who do get it… for a royally good time. Special bonus: Watch for special ADHD expert guests dropping in! We meet from 9pm-10pm EST.
- 24/7 Online chat support: Facebook is always open, so in those moments when you need a lift you can come on over and get a quick pick-me-up.
- Terry Matlen’s hilarious and helpful bi-weekly newsletter
- Special discounts (for Queens only!) on ADDconsults.com products and services
- JUST ADDED! The Accountability Club: work with another queen to help you get things done
As a Queen of Distraction, you will learn strategies and get support on:
- Getting Paperwork done on time
- Having meals on the table every night
- Getting through laundry piles
- Keeping up with projects and chores …and much much more
How the Queens of Distraction Group Works
Our private, exclusive group meets on Facebook in a safe, secret page that only members can access. We work together via text-based communication, just like on a regular Facebook page. Once you join, you will get all the Queens of Distraction programs plus free access to our 24/7 support chat room plus discounts on ADDconsults.com products. For less than the cost of ONE hour with a coach or professional organizer, you can have 6 months of healthy, comprehensive support with one of the country's leading experts in ADHD.
What are you waiting for? Join today and become a queen for a lifetime!
Imagine a place where you could be yourself. A place with accountability and
support. A place where you don’t have to hide or feel ashamed of your ADHD habits. A place that celebrates the best in you and that helps you deal with the worst. That place is Terry Matlen’s Queens of Distraction Group! There you will find encouragement and understanding along with the needed accountability. It is nice to not feel so alone with this thing we call ADHD!
As a mom with ADD I just wanted to let you know that your books, column and Web site have been a godsend to me. I really appreciate your honesty and candor. They have helped me to see my "differences" in a new light and also to appreciate the energy and creative spirit of my daughter. – Lisa-
How much worse would it be if I didn't know what having ADD was like! So I think it's great that people have someplace to go where they can get the support they need, and remember that we don't really mean to be difficult. - Katherine-
Just discovered your site and was astounded!!! It's perfect and I for one thank you most sincerely for your profoundly unique and valuable service. – Karen-
I feel like another little bit of me has been unburdened knowing there are others who are so very like me. The relief that comes with that knowledge is wonderful…Anyway, thank you! I'm off to make my very own special to-do list right now! - Emily-
You make me feel better about myself. Thanks for that and here's to you: Cheers! – Lyne-
I just joined Queens of Distraction yesterday. I got to be on the chat last night and I'm not sure I can describe what a nice feeling it was to be chatting with people who..get me and vice versa. I'm looking forward to getting to know you!!! I have been on tele classes, I've had coaching but the experience of relatedness and being heard from several people was amazing. - Lisa-
About Terry Matlen: Queen Bee of ADHD
Years ago, after a lifetime of struggling with procrastination, disorganization and all the rest, I was officially diagnosed with ADHD. It took two years of getting second, third and fourth opinions before I was able to accept the diagnosis- I thought ADHD meant hyperactive schoolboys getting into trouble. But I was quiet and never disruptive. That’s why my problems were missed all those years. It wasn’t until I married and had two (very active- one with ADHD) children, that I totally hit the wall and began searching for the answers to my problems.
Once I was diagnosed and treated, my life turned around in such a dramatic way, I wanted to help others with ADHD - women who, like me, couldn’t figure out how to get dinner on the table every night, whose house was in constant chaos and who lived in chronic overwhelm.
In 2000, I launched www.ADDconsults.com with raving success. But even now, I see women like you who are still struggling, looking for help- a different kind of help. You are searching for connections and to be understood. You’re looking for answers to questions like: why is this so hard? How do I get to work on time? How do I make a holiday dinner?
Women all over the world have been reaching out to me because they know I’ve been there. I live it. I get it.
I've written hundreds of articles, presented at the top national/international ADHD conferences and wrote two books: the award-winning "The Queen of Distraction: How Women with ADHD Can Conquer Chaos, Find Focus, and Get More Done", and "Survival Tips for Women with ADHD."
I decided to launch The Queens of Distraction so that all women can find a place of comfort, where they are understood and never judged.
Not ready to join? Stay in touch with me by subscribing to my (free) newsletter to be informed of upcoming specials. Plus, enjoy my bi-weekly articles- a lighthearted take on living with ADHD but with compassion and helpful resources. Join HERE (and enjoy a free eBook, "Tips for Women with ADHD").
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Our Commitment to Confidentiality
We respect your right to confidentiality, and promise to safeguard any medical information you provide to us. The Queens of Distraction will never release any personally identifiable medical or other information that you have disclosed to us, unless we have received express informed consent.
The exclusive Facebook Group has been set up as a secret group and only members will be able to access, post and view content within this group. Members will only receive a unique link to access this group and if the decision is made to leave the group that member will be deleted from the group.
The Queens of Distraction and ADD Consults are both owned and operated by Terry Matlen. Additional services are available at www.addconsults.com.
In requesting help from the Queens of Distraction/ADD Consults/Terry Matlen, ACSW, you agree that you are not in a medical or psychiatric emergency. In the case of an emergency, please call 911 or visit your local hospital. You agree not to hold Terry Matlen, Queens of Distraction or ADD Consults.com responsible for any possible damage as a result of your participation in the program.